Information About Game Drives
Game Drive Timings
- During private safaris, game drive hours can be flexible.
- However, there are rules for when you can enter and exit the parks (usually from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM).
- Duration of game drives also depends on where you stay each night and the drive time to your accommodations.
- So, game drives have to happen at specific times each day.
- You can always choose to shorten the duration of your game drives and enjoy your lodge.
- Sometimes, we have to start early in the morning.
- This is either to have the best safari time or to avoid traffic in the morning on long travel days.
How Long We Drive
- Your driver guide can drive for about 9-10 hours each day.
- This includes both time on game drives and time when we’re not on a game drive.
- Sometimes, it can be extended by an hour on some days.
- But the driver guides can’t drive for more than 11-12 hours every day because that’s too tiring and not safe.
Rules During Game Drives
- When we’re on game drives, we have to follow the rules of each park or reserve.
- Some parks don’t allow us to drive off the designated roads.
- Off-road driving (going off the roads) is not allowed in many popular parks.
- If you want to do off-road driving, we suggest going to private conservancies in places like Masai Mara and other locations in Kenya.
- We try to keep the same guide throughout your safari in one country.
- But sometimes, for special reasons or if you’re taking a flight in the middle of your safari, we might need to change your guide.
- You don’t need to be super fit for safaris, but you should be able to move around comfortably.
- Make sure you feel physically fit enough for the trip.
- Pay attention to the estimated travel times in your itinerary.
- Sometimes, because of weather or road conditions, we might need to take a different route, which can make the travel time longer.
- If you don’t see travel times in your itinerary, ask your sales consultant for them.
Questions or Issues
- If you have any problems or questions about the game drive schedule, talk to your briefing manager as soon as possible.
- They can talk to the guide and help sort things out for you.